Monday, September 19, 2011

interview - nest


Another great start to the week natalie from nest. each of our stockists are lovely. I would love to do a fiona kate tour of australia just so i could see each and every store.... and have a further natter with the people that work there. natalies finds are amazing (see second sister). Nest is a store run with passion the displays are amazing... 
grab a nice cold drink of water ( on my list of things to do drink more water)  todays post will lead you to some very beautiful things ... blacklist studio blog is delightful


How did you come to start your business?

The home-wares store that I had been managing sold and I found myself at a cross road of either continuing to work for someone or do something for myself... The latter won!

How long has your business been running?

Nest has been in operation now for 16 months.
 
Can you describe your average day?

My average day consists of meeting with customers, ordering goodies, merchandising and catching up on the computer.

What are you excited about for spring?

Aside from the warmer weather {!}, I am looking forward to new stock arriving in the form of new cushion collections, new ceramics , lovely light  summer weight scarves {nice to pack the winter woolly ones away for awhile!} , as well as some Christmas goodies arriving!

What is your favourite part about your job?

Hmmm...I LOVE my job completely so this is difficult to answer...It would be between meeting lovely people and probably the obvious, buying stock! I think my husband feels that the shop is now a good cover for a problem that I may have!...lol

Your least favourite task?

Breaking down the boxes that the stock arrives in for recycling!

Do you have story about a day, reader or customer you would like to share?

I once had a customer that gave me the loveliest compliment that I have ever received...she explained to her friends that visiting Nest was like the visual experience of listening to Angus and Julia Stone...I think that is beautiful.

Where is your favourite spot to sit during your work day?

I adore sitting at my counter as it looks directly at the sea...I have a million dollar view!

What's the best thing to do in Tasmania?
 Come to Penguin and visit me at Nest!